On 27 and 29 January 2011 in Davos, Switzerland The Cocktail and Lunch Reception were hosted by the CEO of Kazakhstan’s National Welfare Fund “Samruk –Kazyna” Mr Kairat Kelimbetov and Mr Arur Krivov on behalf of Kazakh-British Chamber of Commerce to coincide with the World Economic Forum.
The World Economic Forum is an annual event which brings together top business leaders, world politicians and governments officials , industries professionals, leaders of non-government organizations, journalists and selected academicians to discuss the most pressing economic and political issues facing the world.
The purpose of this welcoming reception was to bring together participants of the WEF and friends of Kazakhstan in an informal, social environment.
The Receptions were kindly attended by:
- John Ferraro - Ernst & Young, Global COO
- Patrick Kron - ALSTOM, CEO
- Richard Dobbs - McKinsey Global Institute, Director
- Karl Johansson - Ernst & Young , Managing Partner CIS
- Charlie Rose - Bloomberg, Anchor
- John Defterios - CNN, Anchor
- John Chipman - The International Institute, CEO
- Margery Kraus - APCO Worldwide, CEO
- Oleg Deripaska - RUSAL, CEO
- Allen Sangines-Kraus - Blacksand Partners, Senior Partner
- Yuri Soloviev - VTB Bank , Senior VP
- Herbert Moos - VTB Bank, Deputy Chairman
- Vijay Poonoosamy - Etihad Airways, Vice President
- Wilfried Vanhonacker - Skolkovo Business School, Dean
- Geoff Cutmore - CNBC, Anchor
- Felix Marquardt - Marquardt & Marquardt, President
- Bertrand Chambenois - Marquardt & Marquardt, Colleague
- Anne-Laure Kiechel - Rothschild, Director
- Armen Sarkissian - Eurasia House International , President
- Lakshmi Mittal - ArcelorMittal, Chairman & CEO
- Crispin Osborne - Barclays Capital, Head of IB CEEMEA
- Alain Pilloux -EBRD, Managing Director
- Aaron Regent -Barrick Gold, CEO
- Kelvin Dushnisky - Barrick Gold, Colleague
The events were held at ArabellaSheraton Hotel Seehof and Steigenberger Belveder , in Davos.