The Breakfast Meeting hosted by Minister for Economy and Budget Planning of Kazakhstan Mr Kairat Kelimbetov in partnership with Managing Director of Kazakh-British Chamber of Commerce Mr Artur Krivov took place in Vienna, Austria on June 8 , 2011. The Reception was held in the course of World Economic Forum.
Annually The World Economic Forum (WEF) becomes one of the leading venues for bringing together senior governmental officials, prominent business leaders, bankers, media representatives and NGO activists. The impressive audience of selected professionals all gathered under the purpose of discussing world economic development, peace consolidation, crises management, conflict prevention as well as health and the environment issues.
Representatives of the largest holding company of Kazakhstan “Samruk-Kazyna”, chief executive officers of top financial establishments of Kazakhstan, Russia , UK and Azerbaijan , as well as Embassy and Ministry authorities were among attendees of the Reception.
The Breakfast Meeting organized during WEF provided an excellent opportunity for the participants of the Forum to network with the business representatives of Kazakhstan, country’s top industry players, its partners and friends in an informal, social environment.
During the meeting guests were able to share opinions on the Forum’s agenda, establish new contacts and build relationships in a comfortable and relaxed setting.
The Reception was kindly attended by:
- Zhanar Aitzhanova -Minister, Ministry for Economic Integration
- Vadim Belyaev -CEO OTKRITIE, Financial Corporation
- Erik Berglof -Chief Economist, EBRD
- Richard Evans Independent -Director, NWF “Samruk Kazyna”
- Fadif Farra -Head of Programme, OECD
- Igor Finogenov -Chairman of Board, Eurasian Development Bank
- Petr Fradkov- Deputy Chairman, Vnesheconombank
- Gennady Gazin- CEO, East One Group
- Herman Gref -Chairman and CEO, Sberbank
- Daniel Gros- Director, Centre for European Reform
- Lyndsay Howard -Adviser to Chairman, International Bank of Azerbaijan
- Karl Johansson -Managing Partner,Ernst & Young, CIS
- Barbara Judge- Chairman, Emeritus United Kingdom Atomic Energy
- Mark Leonard -Director, European Council on Foreign Relations
- Yerbol Orynbayev -Deputy Prime Minister, Prime Minister’s Office
- Michael Rake -Chairman, BT Group plc
- Armen Sarkissian -President, Eurasia House International
- Frederick Starr- Chairman, Central Asia-Caucasus Institute, JHU
- JD Waverley- Chairman, Central Asia All Parliamentary Group
- Juergen Wild -CEO, M+W Group
- Kandeh Yumkella – Director-General, UNIDO
- Kairat Abdrakhmanov -Ambassador, Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Austria
The Breakfast Meeting took place in Hotel Sacher Wien.