- Contact Us
- March 25, 2014: ZAKIRYANOV LAUNCHES LATEST INSTALLMENT OF KAZAKHSTAN'S UNKNOWN HISTORY
On Tuesday 25th March 2014, Hertfordshire Press hosted the book launch of Dr Kairat Zakiryanov’s latest book titled, “The Turkic Saga of Genghis Khan & The KZ Factor”. This is Zakiryanov’s second book and follows hot on the heels of his first book, “Under the Wolf’s Nest” that has received worldwide academic acclaim.
- March 12, 2014: Kazakhstan understanding of Russia’s position on defending the rights of national minorities in Ukraine – Nazarbayev
The president of Kazakhstan and Russia, Nursultan Nazarbayev and Vladimir Putin, discussed over the telephone some pressing problems on the international agenda - including the recent developments in Ukraine, the Kazakh president’s press office says in a press release.
- March 12, 2014: Kazakhstan ready to contribute to peaceful resolution of situation in Ukraine, Nazarbayev told Merkel
Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev and German Chancellor Angela Merkel had a telephone talk to discuss a wide range of issues, the president’s press office says in a press release.
- March 12, 2014: Nazarbayev and Obama focus on diplomatic solution to Ukraine crisis
Kazakhstan's President Nursultan Nazarbayev and U.S. President Barack Obama in a telephone call exchanged views on international and regional security with the focus on a peaceful solution to the political situation in Ukraine, the Kazakh president's press office said.
- March 7, 2014: Kazakh army needs to be rearmed – Nazarbayev
President Nursultan Nazarbayev has ordered to rearm the Kazakh army. "We need to intensify the modernization and rearming of our military forces. The military industry should produce more equipment and goods not only for the army but also for the police and special services,” the president is quoted as saying at a Thursday meeting at the Kazakh Defense Ministry in a press release of his press office.
- March 7, 2014: Aeroflot returns to Kazakhstan
The Russian airline Aeroflot will resume flights to Kazakhstan after a few years’ break, the company says in a press release. “The airline is launching a regular flight between Moscow and Karaganda from March 10,” the press release says.
- March 5, 2014: Kazakhstan, Russia and Belarus agree on equal representation in the governing bodies of Eurasian Economic Union – Nazarbayev
All disputes arising from the draft treaty on the creation of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) should be resolved, said Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev. “I have carefully read all the documents [relating to the creation of the EEU] and have come to a conclusion that our experts have done a great job. I hope that we will be able to reach consensus on all moot points,” Nazarbayev said at a Wednesday meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council in Moscow.
- March 3, 2014: Nazarbayev discusses situation in Ukraine with International Advisory Board members
Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev held a meeting in Astana on Monday with members of the International Advisory Board, the press office of the head of state has said in a statement.
- March 3, 2014: Kazakhstan could decide on WTO accession timeframe in March-April
Kazakhstan's prime minister said the country should make every effort this year to finalize talks as part of its process of accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO).
- February 27, 2014: Eurasian Media Forum to focus on Ukraine
The next Eurasian Media Forum (EAMF), scheduled for April 24-25, 2014 in Astana will focus on Syria and Ukraine.
For more news in Russian please go...